Gather US Passport Application Materials
You are applying for Lost or Stolen Passport

For applicants ages 16 and over, follow this process if you are unable to submit the most recent passport that was issued to you because it has been lost or stolen, or if your most recent passport has been damaged. Follow this process even if your lost, stolen, or damaged passport has expired. 


Choose Passport Processing Time


Select processing time :  


Complete Lost/Stolen Passport Application Form (DS-11)


Complete and print ONLINE application form DS-11 now by double clicking on the link below:

                    Complete The Form DS-11 Online      Help?

  • Please apply for a Passport Book.
  • Please do not sign this form now. (Explained in Step 2)
  • Please do not mail this form to the National Passport Center but to  APVI. (Address provided after Step 4 with order confirmation number)
  • After completing and printing this form, please close the window and return to the passport instructions.


Proof of US Citizenship


Provide ONE of the following:

Certified US Birth Certificate or your most recent, 5-year or 10-year US Passport. NoteMutilated, laminated, altered, damaged, or 1- year limited passports are not acceptable evidence of U.S. Citizenship. The hospital-issued birth certificate is not the certified copy that is needed.  Note: If the name on your citizenship document does not match the name on your ID and application form, please provide a copy of the legal document to show the name change.

For help obtaining a birth certificate, click here

If you were born outside the United States, please click here.


One Passport Photo


The passport photo has to meet Passport Agency Regulations.

                 Where can I have my passport photos Taken?


Proof of Identity


You must provide 2 COPIES of your valid driver's license or state ID card, with an issue date of 6 months ago or longer. Note: If the name on your ID does not match the name on your citizenship document or application form, please provide a copy of the legal document to show the name change.

If your ID issue date is six months ago or less, or you don't have one at all, please click here for additional proof of Identity.


APVI Letter of Authorization


Print TWO DUPLICATE ORIGINALS of APVI letter of authorization (LOA). The letters have to be manually signed in blue ink.  Using 'white out' or correction fluid may delay your passport application.

                                     APVI (LOA)      


Evidence of Travel


You must provide TWO COPIES of ONE of the following:


Government Fees


If you applied ONLY for a PASSPORT BOOK, write one check or money order for exactly $170 payable to: "US Department of State."  

  • All personal checks must have a printed address.
  • Please write your Name and Date of Birth on the Memo Line. 
  • The government does not accept credit card payment for these fees. 
  • If you applied for BOTH A PASSPORT BOOK AND A PASSPORT CARD, write your check or money order for exactly $200 payable to "US Department of StateThe passport card cannot be expedited. It will be sent to you via regular mail within 8 weeks from the U.S. Department of State. 
  • The Post Office or Courthouse that executes your application will also charge a $25 fee for their service. (Explained in Step 2)


Visit an Acceptance Agent


After collecting all the documents in step1, you must appear in person before a designated Post Office or Court House where your passport application will be authorized by a local Government Official called: Acceptance Agent (AA)

To find an Acceptance Agent (AA) near you, please click here.

Inform the (AA) that you are using an expediting service to "Hand Carry" your passport application to the Government for processing.

The (AA) will then:

  1. Ask you to sign of the DS-11 Form
  2. Add his signature to the DS-11
  3. Check your ID
  4. Ask for all the Documents you have collected in Step1 and seal them into an envelope using an officila seal or stamp.

Important: It is acceptable if the (AA) insists on not sealing into the envelope one or more items collected in Step 1. But make sure to send those items to APVI along with the sealed envelope.

Very Important: Make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to APVI (Washington, DC).  If the (AA) is unfamiliar or does not feel at ease about releasing it,  refer him to page 31 or 44 of his manual. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executive Application." Print this page and take it with you to the (AA) as a reference.

Once the sealed envelope is handed to you, please write your: 

First and Last Name

  1. Date of Birth
  2. Date of Departure

Important: Please send the sealed envelope to APVI (Washington, DC) as soon as it is sealed.  The seal on the envelope expires after four days.


Fill In Order Form

Fill In Order Form

Certified & Secured By