Gather US Passport Application Materials
You are applying for Passport Renewal

You can apply for a passport renewal if you answer "yes" to all of the following statements: 

  • I can submit my most recent, undamaged passport; and
  • My most recent passport was issued with a validity of 10 years; and
  • My most recent passport has been expired for less than 5 years (or is unexpired); and
  • I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued; and
  • I use the same name as on my most recent passport, or since my passport was issued, I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper original documentation to reflect my name-change.


Choose Passport Processing Time


Select processing time :  


Complete Passport Renewal Application Form (DS-82)


Complete, print, and sign ONLINE application form (DS-82) now by clicking on the link below:

                          Complete Form DS-82 Online    Help?

    • Please apply for a Passport Book.    
    • Please do not mail this form to the National Passport Center but to  APVI. (Address provided after Step 3 with order confirmation number)
    • After completing and printing this form, please close the window and return to the passport instructions.


Most Recent 10-Year US Passport


Please provide the most recent 10-year US passport you were issued. This passport must have been issued within the last 15 years, in your possession, and not damaged.  


If your most recent passport has been expired for 5 years or more, please apply for a New Passport.

If your most recent passport had a validity of less than 10 years, please apply for a New Passport.   

If your most recent passport is not in your possession, or is damaged, please apply for a Lost/Stolen/Damaged passport.


One Passport Photo


The passport photo has to meet Passport Agency Regulations.

                 Where can I have my passport photos Taken?


Name Change Documents (if applicable)


If you are using a different name than the one in your previous passport, please provide an original name change document bearing the official seal of the issuing authority.

These include: Court Decree, Mariage Certificate, Divorce Decree.


APVI Letter of Authorization


Print two duplicate originals of APVI letter of authorization (LOA). The letters have to be manually signed in blue ink.  Using 'white out' or correction fluid may delay your passport application.

                                    APVI (LOA)          



Evidence of Travel (Only for Emergency and Urgent Service)


If you are applying for Emergency or Urgent Service (1-3 days processing), you must provide TWO COPIES of ONE of the following:


Government Fee


If you applied ONLY for a PASSPORT BOOK, write one check or money order for exactly $170 payable to: "US Department of State."  

  • All personal checks must have a printed address.
  • Please write your Name and Date of Birth on the Memo Line. 
  • The government does not accept credit card payment for these fees. 
  • If you applied for BOTH A PASSPORT BOOK AND A PASSPORT CARD, write your check or money order for exactly $200 payable to "US Department of State."NoteThe passport card cannot be expedited. It will be sent to you via regular mail within 8 weeks from the U.S. Department of State.


Fill In Order Form

Fill In Order Form

Certified & Secured By